Friday, September 5, 2014

Walking Towards A Future Me

You'll forgive my moment of darkness in my last post. I haven't ever been around wholly supportive environments. If I had healthy friends, it was purely by accident. I don't know what it means to be "unconditionally loved" and I don't say that asking for your pity, simply your understanding... I wouldn't recognize normal and healthy if it bit me on the nose. But this hasn't always been terrible! I know where my home is... I'm just too medically sensitive to it (me + humidity = NO). And I've been feeling like a lonely little petunia in an onion patch for years now... But I do have a tribe, be I far from them. I have been blessed by the strange and the wonderful, and I look forward to joining your ranks again!!

I get to have standards in my life, and I know what to recognize. I can trust my wisdom, and my ability to avoid danger, and beyond that---my Deity takes care of the rest. I have denied myself my true self for far too long. My life may be broken shards, but how else you gonna make a stained-glass window?

[Pause for a brief announcement:]
I'm still in shock, I just got the news. My father's had a stroke and is paralyzed on the right side of his body. His brother is there, tending to him. He's alive and in hospital. I may be silent for a bit...

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read the news of your father's stroke. It's nice that his brother can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. He's doing much better now, thank our lucky stars!!

      Delete